Sunday 13 March 2011

Time is Marching on

How droll.... Marching on - it's March. Yes, of course you understood that. Well it's a busy month because last week there were all kinds of celebrations for International Women's Day. I suppose I could think of myself as an International woman since I have lived abroad for nearly half my life.

But this month there are all kinds of poetry events - Amina has been invited to take part in Radikal Words at the Tyneside Cinema tomorrow. I hope she makes it - she has been a little sad just recently. But I suppose it will blow over.

I am taking part in the Women's special Take Ten at the Cumberland Arms on March 24, which is really jolly exciting. Originally they had invited Amina, but - and I'm a little hestiant to say this, after hearing me at a workshop Poetry Jack insisted that I come myself.

Of course Amina was a bit hurt, but what can I do if my genius begins to shine through? Golly, I hope I don't sound conceited - I certainly don't mean to be. After all, I am but a beginner on life's poetic path and have so much to learn.

I was happy to hear some nice people from Scotland praising my hero William McGonagall on Facebook last week. They said he was one of the original stand-up poets, which I suppose he was, if you don't count people who wrote in Latin or Greek - or Sanskrit... or Chinese...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Our moderators will read it and publish anything that doesn't contain profanities or bad manners just as soon as they have finished their cups of tea.