Sunday 12 June 2011

What a week! I had the great honour and pleasure of appearing at the Leazes Fringe edition of Jibba Jabba and a few days later at Pink Lane - two shows in a week!
At Jibba Jabba, Jennifer was looking particularly perky as it was a kind of anniversary for her and Steven. Unfortunately someone who will remain nameless, since almost everyone knows who it was, managed to offer me a glass of vodka and cranberry - all down my left side. I had to spend the whole evening feeling damp and sticky, not pleasant at all.

Pink Lane on Thursday was most exciting. Of course I had to come later in the evening as Amina appeared in the first segment of the show. Actually I was glad I missed her performance as I understand she did some quite unsuitable material. People may have been amused, but I still think it sounds as if she disgraced herself. I may have to seriously reconsider our friendship.

But as you will see from the photograph, I am having to carry my telephone around at the moment. Jack has gone missing. I mean a lot more missing than usual. A few days ago there was a strange phone call saying that L. Grando was holding Jack and that he proposed removing some of his cahonies (if I understoon it correctly). Following that I received two small round softish objects in a bag and am afraid they may be Jack's. The strangely phrased note accompanying them suggested that I could have him back if I pay a rather large sum of money. It's is all rather worrying - and of course I am not supposed to tell anyone or get the constabulary involved, but this blodge is all between friends, so I don't suppose that counts.
After the way Jack has behaved in the past I am not at all sure I want him back but on the other hand I don't really want too much more harm to come to him.

I had better stop here. The telephone could ring at any time and I have much poetry to compose before my next engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Our moderators will read it and publish anything that doesn't contain profanities or bad manners just as soon as they have finished their cups of tea.